Join us for an evening of glittering, jingling, and giving thanks as we kick off the holiday season with dance, music, food and fun, fun! Catch some of your favorite performers showcasing their works. Featuring:
• A spectacular showcase of performances by professional artists, avocational performers, student groups, and Al-Bahira Dance Theater!
• A reception with delicious refreshments!
• A fun and festive full theater venue in Minneapolis!
• An open, inviting community for dancers, friends, and enthusiasts!
Doors open at 6:00, seating at 6:30, show at 7 p.m.
Admission: $10 (discount for groups of 5 or more)
Children 10 & under: $5
Children under 2 are free
WOULD YOU LIKE TO PERFORM?
Performers of ALL styles, including students and groups from other schools, are welcome and encouraged to join us. And you don't have to necessarily be a belly dancer--musicians, dancers from other disciplines, fusion dancers, and performers with experimental belly dance works are welcome and encouraged!
Interested in performing? Contact Mirah at email@example.com by November 27 for additional information and to be added to the performers list. In your email, please provide:
* Your real name (and those of any other people in your act, if applicable, so we can have a performer list and also identify people who need to be in more than one piece.)
* Performance name or name of your act (if different from above.)
* Length of your piece (up to 5 min. is always fine. Between 5 and 7.5 min may be ok, but consult with Mirah first to ensure show time permits.)
* Name of the piece of music (if known)
* Choreography credits (if applicable)
* A very short description of what you plan to do (We understand people sometimes want to surprise the audience, but the show organizer needs to know what you plan to do, the style, what props if any you plan to use, etc., to ensure the show flows well. So, know that your secret is safe with her. :-)
* A phone number where we can reach if there are questions or issues.
Due to space and program considerations, we do need to hear from you in advance. Thanks for your understanding.